As the Social Media Specialist for the San Diego International Airport, I was responsible for creating and implementing all social media-related content and strategy. Topics included: Operations, Marketing and Customer Care.
During my time at SAN I:
- Developed a new content strategy (utilizing video, photography and text), which resulted in over 1,800 messages being posted in the span of 12 months – this marked a 75 percent increase over previous year.
- Used strategic engagement and community-building tactics to grow follower numbers across all platforms. In first year, grew Instagram following by 115 percent.
- Conceptualized and executed social media-hosted sweepstakes, which increased public’s awareness of options offered by the airport’s stakeholders (airlines & concessionaires). Results included growth of targeted email list by 150 percent.
- Utilized Facebook advertising to get key messaging in front of geo and interest-targeted audience. Achievements included having one post, which featured a combination of organic and paid reach, served to 107,000 people in San Diego and Orange counties.
- Came up with concept and provided all content for SAN Stories blog, which uses visual storytelling to communicate the positive emotions associated with travel. The site provided the Authority with an owned-media channel in which it could consistently, and in an innovative manner, showcase its passenger-centered, community-minded messaging.
- Used Instagram Stories, National Days, live broadcasts and real-time tweets to authentically and in an engaging manner communicate stakeholder messaging.
— San Diego Airport (@SanDiegoAirport) May 2, 2017